The following bug applies to AX 2009 application build number 5.0.1500.809 and earlier.
When you attach a document or note through document management to a return order line, the document or note might be attached to the current inventory dimension record rather than the return order line.
- Open a new or existing return order from Accounts Receivable / Common Forms / Return order details
- Go to the lines of the order
- Make one of the inventory dimension fields active, for example Configuration
- Activate document management and a note.
- Save and close the document management form.
- Make a non-inventory dimension field active.
- Activate document management, and observer that you don't see you note.
- Close document management again.
- Make again one of the inventory dimension fields active.
- Open document management, and observe that the note now is displayed.
To fix the issue, the ReturnTable form should have a docCursor method similar to the docCursor method on the SalesTable form.