Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Odd CIL compilation issue

I'd really like some input on this article, if anyone has experienced something similar.

I had a couple of CIL compilation errors today in an imported model. The errors all pertained to a new field that was added to a couple of tables. After setting a random LegacyId for the field, I was able to do a successful CIL compilation, and I was also able to compile successfully after removing the LegacyId again.

I don't know if it was the LegacyId change that did the trick, or just the fact that I made a change to the tables.

Please let me know if you have had similar issues and what ideas you may have to fix them.

(And of course we did, without luck, try all the usual stuff, restarting AOS'es, recompiling X++ etc)

2 comments:

Klaas Deforche said...

Not the same issue, but a similar one, where the originId was 0 after importing a model.
The "solution" was to export the model (just an export, nothing else), after that, the originId was filled in.

Michael Franchino said...

There are a few HF that deal with IL compilation. I have had many issues when I changed a method, the intermediate IL wouldn't see it.. I think that by you "touching" the fields, it saw the change.