Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cross reference update never finishing on AX 2012 R2

I had a development box where I just couldn't get a cross reference update to finish. Even letting it run for days didn't help.

I finally got to run a SQL trace on what was going on. A thing that I probably should have tried a lot earlier. From the trace I could see that the cross reference for some reason was in an infinite loop on a particular form. I checked over a few hours and it never did seem to get past that form.

I killed the process and started a new cross reference agin, but this time I deleted the existing cross reference first:

When that was finished, I started a new cross reference update with the "Update all" option checked and this time cross reference was updated within the expected time frame.